Re: [LUG] SFD 2008 post event analysis

>> Yep, seems the case.  Maybe we should look at trying to have more
>> regular meetings or even just social events like a few drinks in the pub
>> more often, maybe once a month? (well what I'm thinking is maybe each
>> area have one once a month so members can attend a meeting or social
>> meeting in the pub which is near them).
>>
>> If we set something in stone, say we meet up for drinks on the first
>> Thursday of every month or something along those lines, or even the
>> first Thursday of every month and 3rd Saturday or something like that we
>> could then get these events publicised in 'Whats On' guides and on the
>> radio/in the local paper and maybe actually bring in more new members.
>> Just a thought anyway.
>>

>> I certainly thought it was worth it even if there was a small turnout.
>> It gave us a better chance to try the LTSP kit and I thought the video
>> link with the LUG in Cameroon was interesting.
>>
>> Rob

I agree, but its a case of when / where to meet, I personally find pubs
expensive especially for soft drinks etc. In general I am down the rugby
club sunday afternoons, so am free to meet up, its generally quiet, food
is available, and given recent nice weather, its kinda relaxing not
doing much on sunday afternoon, mind you I should really put my OU
course stuff in my bag, and do that for a few hours.

Ok that is my suggestion, given the rugby club is also child friendly
:), plus cheap soft drinks are good for anyone driving, If this is a
good idea (or at least till someone can suggest something better) then
perhaps we can set something up.

Paul

Paul

Paul