Re: [LUG] SFD 2008 post event analysis

Paul Sutton wrote:

> Agreed, and I also send thanks to everyone to helped, dropped in, to
> chat etc, if anything new contacts were forged, which is always a good
> thing, a chance to chat, problems shared and solved, etc
>
> Lets all keep the momentum up, I think there are more people out there
> that have used / heard of Linux and or OSS than we realise

Yep, seems the case.  Maybe we should look at trying to have more
regular meetings or even just social events like a few drinks in the pub
more often, maybe once a month? (well what I'm thinking is maybe each
area have one once a month so members can attend a meeting or social
meeting in the pub which is near them).

If we set something in stone, say we meet up for drinks on the first
Thursday of every month or something along those lines, or even the
first Thursday of every month and 3rd Saturday or something like that we
could then get these events publicised in 'Whats On' guides and on the
radio/in the local paper and maybe actually bring in more new members.

Just a thought anyway.

I certainly thought it was worth it even if there was a small turnout.
It gave us a better chance to try the LTSP kit and I thought the video
link with the LUG in Cameroon was interesting.

Rob