Re: [LUG] printing problem

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 23:18 +0100, Simon Waters wrote:

> If this is all local it won't matter either way.
OK.
I don't think I mentioned I have
Kubuntu 8.04 Epson D-88 worked fine for months until I "tinkered".

I could compare the cupsd.conf file with my laptop and amend it so they
are the same, usinf the GUI. If they are the same I'll have to look
elsewhere for the problem.

Meanwhile, I take it you have no other suggestions. Is there a global
cups config command like when X trips up or is it all individualised?

Thanks for you help so far - I am ver impressed with the pages at
http://localhost:631/admin etc - is there any test I can perform there -
it will not print a test page! It gives the error
"/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster failed"
if I try to print a self-test page. The Stylus -D88 is listed correctly
as the default printer.

James

--
james kilty