Re: [LUG] WUBI-installed Ubuntu

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:32:30 +0100
Julian Hall wrote:

> Grant Sewell wrote:
> > With major computer vendors stipulating that replacing the
> > pre-installed Windows OS invalidates their warranty, having a
> > dynamically resizable WUBI-based Linux install would be great for
> > many users.
> I usually Ghost the basic install, then replace it with whatever I
> want.  If it needs to go for repair then I restore the Ghost image
> and nobody knows any different :)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

As would I (indeed, I will be as soon as I can re-locate the WiFi
drivers I got... can't find the URL anywhere at the moment), but people
who know they can do that are not the target audience for WUBI.

After using Linux for a bit there may well be the need to increase the
size of your installation... and here is where the wall is hit.  In
order to do so one must seek out more "technical" measures.  With
projects like GNU's ext2resize (ext2resize.sf.net) this should be a
relatively painless task.

Grant.