Re: [LUG] Promoting SFD 2008

Tony Sumner wrote:
> Tom,
>
> Is this something we should tell Windows users about on Saturday?
>
> http://wubi-installer.org/
>
> Oh and I've bought a booklet 'Linux Made Easy' produced by LXF and
> sold in W.H.Smith. I'll bring it and leave it on the table for people
> to read.
>
> Tony Sumner

Now I may get flamed for this, but I think it might be a good idea to
have at least one Windows machine at the event running a range of FLOSS
software such as Firefox, OpenOffice.org, Tuxpaint, The Gimp etc to
demonstrate the ease of transition from proprietary software over to Linux.

I have an old Dell machine which is currently running Linux which I can
bring along (it's licensed for XP Pro).

Rob