Re: [LUG] VMWare and Windows memory limit

Neil Stone wrote:

> I think that answers your question ?

I suspect it is more complex, but rarely having had more than 4GB to
play with I can't be sure.

In particular I suspect merely having 64 bit Windows XP doesn't buy you
as much as you might expect, and I understand it has to have 64 bit
drivers for all hardware.

If one had to stick with Microsoft, and need more memory, then I suspect
more modern OSes are the way to go. The small performance difference
between XP and Vista is probably not relevant for the kinds of software
that need this much memory.

Either way the emulators aren't going to magically fix limitations of
the software that runs on them.

I'm curious as to what James is going to run on it, that he can't do on
GNU/Linux.