Re: [LUG] government lack of consultation on browsers

Mark Evans wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
>
>> But point out if they work to web standards they wont have do this kind of
>> thing in the first place.
>
> As well as having to keep doing it as browsers which don't follow the
> standards change their quirks.

Speaking with my web developer hat on even browsers that do follow the
standard change their quirks, if you end up in quirks mode.

I note our big app removed one (cosmetic) rendering race condition in
going from Firefox 2 to Firefox 3, but gained a so far inexplicable 2
pixel square box on some dialogs.

Okay ideally we'd follow the standards strictly but there are limits,
but then again I suspect the government rarely needs to do anything
quite as complex on their web sites as we do. Most of what they need
falls under form filling, which is fairly easy to do in the degrade
gracefully back to an HTML form.