[LUG] Crazy questions about html rendering to an image

Hi Everyone,

Some of you will probably think WTF? but are there any libraries (or
ways of using libraries) that can render webpages to a memory buffer
that can be grabbed as a image directly? Mozilla xulrunner 1.8 was
doing this for me the upgrade to 1.9 destroyed everything and its such
a mess now i really don't want to go there. I can't just use 1.8 as i
want to work with things that are in debian or can be added and
xulrunner-1.8 is therefor a step backwards and a fork of that is a
truly unmanageable concept and would be unlikely to be accepted into
Debian for such a specific application not to mention the unmanageable
security of (a fork of) such a large code base.

Alternatively any ways i can "grab" the rendered output of a Gtk
Widget? i can get a webkit Gtk widget running in a few lines of code
but this just uses standard Gtk and i presume that what i am trying to
do requires hacking in to a much lower level that no one ever designed
anything to do.

Though i would ask here as there is quite a breath of knowledge and
some one may have seen something.

Thanks

Robin