Re: [LUG] Google Chrome

Benjamin M. A'Lee wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 05:00:12PM +0100, Ross Bearman wrote:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/index.html
>
> Can't be any worse than Firefox 1.5+

Why do you mention 1.5? It is three years old.

Doing DNS lookups in anticipation of requests - could have interesting
impact on DNS usage, although I guess the overall impact will probably
be negligible given the average number of DNS requests per page (which
also means it won't make things much faster either). Still it is a
simple optimisation, and I can see it being copied.