Re: [LUG] Google Chrome

On Tuesday 02 September 2008 17:00, Ross Bearman wrote:
> Google are about to release their own open source web browser, Google
> Chrome. It's initially available for Windows and they're currently
> porting it to Linux and Mac. The following comic explains why it's
> special:
>
> http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/index.html
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Regards, Ross Bearman
Looks like rehashed wishfull thinking.
It basically assumes that some developers out there have a clue.
Web pages to load faster? Stop people putting a line of text into 4 Meg flash
presentations.

Make more complicated webs - sorry it seems to be beyond 95% of sites to even
write HTML let alone simple ajax stuff - microsoft has made it easy for
complete idiots to 'design' sites. Theres few people out there who can think.
And theyre not managers who will commission this stuff!

Javascript problems - in a couple of months there will be the JIT javascript
engine for FF - and MS and Adobe seem to have a stranglehold on the
ratification process to keep JS in the 1990's anyway.
Threading - you get a new thread with each tab in FF.
I'd be interested to see how you debug javascript on this setup too - the
security should prevent you from trying! Though I guess you can turn it off
for pages - oh hang on.....

Not really sure it will contribute much
We seem to have long passed the point where the wheel is getting reinvented on
a regular basis.
But at least its open source....
Tom te tom te tom