Re: [LUG] Software Freedom Day 20th September

tom wrote:
> For all those that are interested :-
>
> I am in the process of booking St Annes Hall Babbacombe between 1pm and
> 5pm on the 20th September (Software Freedom Day) for a free software
> demonstration.
>
> The hall is a community centre with its own PLI (horray!)
>
> I will confirm the booking later. However we need assistance in :-
>
> Event Promotion. Press..  Leaflets... Phone a friend .... Ask the
> audience (but not 50/50).....
>

> On the day assistance. setup ... talking to punters etc ....
>
> A PAT test for Mobile LTSP unit (Rob ?)
>
> Software Demos (if any one wants to contribute their own demo of their
> favourite FLOSS tool ?)
>
> As I said above this is NOT confirmed yet, but I am telling you now so
> that you can have a good think about it and see if / what you want to
> contribute.
>
> Tom.

Update:

I went over to St Annes Hall today to have a look round. the hall is
quite spacious, there are plenty of chairs and folding tables, but less
power sockets than I had expected, although there should be enough if we
use gang sockets.

There are two Council owned car parks nearby, but there is no designated
explains the multitude of zigzag lines and double yellows lines in the area.

There is not much to choose between the two car parks although the
bigger one is designated "long stay" there is no difference in the
pricing structure its £1.80 for 2 hours then goes up to £1 hour 3 hours
= £3.00, 4 hours = £4.00 etc.

I'm booking between 1pm and 5pm on the 20th September and hoping that
they will open up for exhibitors (us) @ 12.30 so we have some time to
set up.

There is a kitchen (including oven) if anyone is interested, but I
figure that if we avoid mixing hot liquids with children so much the
better. There is also a substantial chair lift for disabled people to
gain access at the side.

Before I commit to booking (£25), it would be nice to have a show of
hands of people genuinely committed to putting some effort into
supporting this event. SFD IS an international event and to my memory we
have done nothing substantial to support this as the DCGLUG please can
we try to make a difference this time.

Thanks

Tom.