Re: [LUG] re homeplugs - VIP

Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:16:08 +0100
> Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Grant,
>
>> that a would-be attacker would necessarily be arsed to drive out to the
>> middle of beeping nowhere to hijack an insecure network.
>
> Why not?  They drive past the local dump, then out into the country for
> ten or twelve miles, to dump their crap.....

heh a good point but i think trying to find open wireless network points
is like shooting fish in a barrel with a shot gun. A while back i did
some surviving as i drove around, even in my little village i stumbled
over 40 AP's just taking my standard route to the main road 50% open, a
good 20% flagged as default settings. Ok i can't be 100% sure they are
open or on default settings as i did not actively probe the networks,
just passively detected the signals but there is a good chance they are
open.

Robin