Re: [LUG] re homeplugs - VIP

<quote>
However, the "attacker" does need to know how to do this.
 I'll see them (physically) and I might as well invite them in, give
'em a cup of tea and
convert them to running Linux. :)
</quote>

Sorry Grant

I have to pop my head above the barricade and let fly with a few dozen rounds

Most serious and some less serious hackers are already attuned to Linux

Backtrack v3.0 is a Linux distro packed with hacking/penetration test
tools on a Live CD.

As for knowing how to do it there are dozens of how-to's and forums
dotted around with spoon fed instructions.

You can even get directional mini Yagis with sma connectors for
wireless cards at Trago now !

As serious users we need to get people to wise up to the facts that
WEP & WPA1 are insecure,

I could run a disassociation flood attack to your access point and
then capture your three way handshake (WPA)

One simple brute force attack later and I'm inside your lan.

WEP is even easier still.

MAC filtering does bugger all as Backtrack has a nice little app
called macchanger

Combine that with aircrack-pwn and a chop-chop attack and I'm knocking
on your door for that cuppa.

Two sugars please and do you have any biccies ?