Re: [LUG] OT? Cross platform Mono fun

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Tom Potts
<tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 18 August 2008 12:12, Robin Cornelius wrote:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> Been playing with mono and created a Gtk# application that works
>> perfectly on linux, I've got it to run on Windows with some fuss by
>> installing the Gtk# packages and mono for win32 and messing around
>> with Assembly references and i've got it running under the .Net
>> runtime with a mono Assembly reference for the Posix layer instead of
>> the using the Mono runtime, sounds nasty but it all seems to just
>> work.
>>
>> Anyway the thing that is really bothering me is that I get a console
>> output window when my application runs which shows standard out and i
>> can't get my head around how to stop this from displaying, any ideas?
> /target:winexe
> or /t:winexe if I remember rightly
> try mcs --help  or something
> Great language/environment shame about its possible patent problems...
> I'd try and find another way of doing it before you get spoiled - I did C#/VB#
> for a few years and I find every other language a bit 'awkward' now

I'm coming from the other side, years of c and then c++ and now just
trying C# for the first time. I get the spoiled bit, it makes some
things so easy, i though STL Vector and List etc were great but hey
this is just lazy ;-).

Thanks for the flags but i don't think thats its in this case. I'm not
using a native .Net app but rather have the mono assembly trying to be
built via the .net engine.It seems that the console is being generated
by the mono assembly so i've had to call the WIN32 api GetWindow and
ShowWindow to make it go away and if i wrap my dll load in a try{}
then it runs fine on linux (whichs throws the dllnotfound exception)

Robin