Re: [LUG] OT? Cross platform Mono fun

On Monday 18 August 2008 12:12, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Been playing with mono and created a Gtk# application that works
> perfectly on linux, I've got it to run on Windows with some fuss by
> installing the Gtk# packages and mono for win32 and messing around
> with Assembly references and i've got it running under the .Net
> runtime with a mono Assembly reference for the Posix layer instead of
> the using the Mono runtime, sounds nasty but it all seems to just
> work.
>
> Anyway the thing that is really bothering me is that I get a console
> output window when my application runs which shows standard out and i
> can't get my head around how to stop this from displaying, any ideas?
/target:winexe
or /t:winexe if I remember rightly
try mcs --help  or something
Great language/environment shame about its possible patent problems...
I'd try and find another way of doing it before you get spoiled - I did C#/VB#
for a few years and I find every other language a bit 'awkward' now
Tom te tom te tom