Re: [LUG] raffle prizes

Viv Griffin wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Just wondered if anyone had any ideas or can get hold of raffle prizes
>> for use at lug meets, please.  That way we can go about getting in funds
>> to replace out going expenses, hire venues etc.   We just bought a
>> banner,
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Paul,
>
> re raffle prizes, I would recommend using freecycle. I have just got an
> HP all in one printer (PSC 1510) in perfect working order with which I
> am going to upgrade my existing PSC 1410, for nothing. In return, I have
> put up my very old HP 720c with spare cartridges, for someone else to
> have. I have often seen old PC's, monitors and other items, offered, on
> our West Devon freecycle.
>
> If you used freecycle to get your prizes, any money made would be pure
> profit. Since this is just to be ploughed back into the lug, I think
> this is well justified.
>
> If you think this is a possibility, I could start forwarding you adverts
> possible items, for you to review. As I am a member, I can always take
> care of the collection and can store in the garage until required.
>
> Great shame about the Fun Day - we were planning to go.
>
> regards
>
> Viv

I am subscribed to my local one but will keep an eye out for anything
within walking distance so I can perhaps walk round and pick items up,
perhaps smaller items.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Software Freedom day 21st September 2008

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug