[LUG] Icedove and mails older than 1 month

All my Icedove folders only show mails less than 1 month old.

It isn't that the older mails are missing, they aren't as I can
view them with a text editor. Nor are any user message filters
preventing them from being displayed.

I seems just as if some display preference has been set at
30 days, but if there is one I can't find it. I'm probably
missing something incredibly simple but can anyone tell me
how to show these older mails?

Keith