Re: [LUG] Linux @ University of Plymouth

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 22:07 +0100, Ross Bearman wrote:
> I'll hopefully be joining Plymouth as a Computer Science undergraduate
> this September and was wondering if anyone on the list is currently
> studying at Plymouth, previously studied at Plymouth, or just happens
> to know about the state of Computing there.
>
> My main question is how much access is there to Linux on campus? I'll
> obviously be bringing my own computers but I was wondering whether
> there were any/many Linux machines in open access areas or whether
> it's purely Windows based?

Plymouth is mainly a Windows site, you won't find Linux in any
open-access areas. However, departments can run Linux in their own labs,
which Computing do (although I have no idea what distro they are using
now!). As far as I am aware there should be no problem if you run Linux
on your own PC, and use that in the halls of res.

Good luck,

John.