Re: [LUG] Using rsync basics

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 17:53 +0100, kevin wrote:

> Can you write this to /tmp instead?
Yes. It did say it could not write some files and it "could not set
times on /tmp/." but it seemed to copy almost every file. As I
mentioned, in spite of error messages, it did write to FREECOM via
rsync, but not cp nor through the GUI. It is possible that (see previous
discussion) that this is because of permissions problems with FAT32.
> I feel you have a write permissions problem for /media
Yes. I tried several options. I have found this most strange, since I
seem to be able to copy from time to time. Last time, sudo konqueror,
then change permissions worked. Now it doesn't.

Thank you.
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk