Re: [LUG] XML for accounts

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 10:10, Kai Hendry wrote:
> XML is not a good solution of testing for consistency.
>
> DTDs are rare, so all you'll be checking for is badly formed angled
> brackets. Very poor.
I wouldnt use one without a DTD - that would be too Microsofty for me!
XML would  be pointless without one. Technology seems to be wasted on people
these days:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2008/05/07/under-the-hood-oracle-berkeley-db-xml.html
When I read the above article I thought. Oh look! Someones using XML to do
XMLy things. Wow!
If your not using XML in a sort of relational DB based way you are merely
de-compressing uncompressed data.

> Git-like sha1 for testing integrity is far better. Though I don't bother
?? checksums?? Not sure how that fits on 'new data'.
> with my CSVs.

Tom te tom te tom