Re: [LUG] Windows XP Refund

Tom Potts wrote:
> I've been wondering if anyone has tried for a windows tax refund - there seems
> to be a lot of people trying to get refunds but getting stonewalled.
> I'd alwasy recommend trying the Citizens Advice Bureau and then possibly a
> trip to the Small Claims Court - where I think it would be a foregone
> conclusion: a few might try to resist but its in the EULA and it would cost a
> lot more for a company to try an 'defend' its case in a court than it would
> save. Once its done once the approach can be open sourced and I would imagine
> unwanted OS forcing would dissapear quite quickly from the market.
> Tom te tom te tom

I am tempted.  When I get a new laptop I'm going to probably end up
getting a Vista one (I'm thinking of the Dell Vostro 1310 which
unfortunately doesn't have the Ubuntu option).  Although I will
eventually want to run Vista, I don't really want Vista Home Premium,
I'd prefer the Ultimate version but I can get that a darn sight cheaper
than what Dell are offering it for (£100 extra on top of the cost of
Vista Home Premium).  I reacon even if I only got £45 for Vista Home,
that would be nearly half the cost of a Vista Ultimate licence (Vista
Ultimate 64-bit OEM is about £107 at eBuyer.com)

Rob
.