Re: [LUG] cannot delete files on usb disk

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 08:40 +0100, Grant Sewell wrote:

> Since it's a USB drive, it'll most likely be handled by udev rather than
> the fstab, but you can always rectify this. :D
>
> If it's a device that you'll want to use lots, then it may be worth adding
> an entry in your fstab for it, that way you can control the permissions
> easily...
I already have:
/dev/sdb1 /media/FREECOM auto users,atime,auto,rw,nodev,noexec,nosuid 0
0
Comments?

Thanks.

PS Part of my confusion was to think it was the device that had
permissions, which were fine with my laptop - I appreciate now it is the
mount point that has the permissions, therefore they are computer
specific, not hardware specific. Do I have that right? Though if it was
a Linux device, formatted to ext3 or whatever, your earlier post
suggests that permissions could be device specific.

James
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk