[LUG] cannot delete files on usb disk

Hello

You may recall I successfully regained my FREECOM usb hard disk using
Kmenu's system settings>advanced>disk and filesystems. I can save to the
disk, copy from it, but not move files off it (they do copy instead).
Permissions are Owner can view and modify, group can view. Ownership is:
user is root, group is root. Only owner can rename and delete. (On mouse
over icon: Permissions: drwxr-xr-x; Owner: root - root) I cannot change
the access permissions. If I try to delete/move I get access denied.

In the Configuration - KDE Cpntrol Module, as administrator (root) there
is no option to change permissions other than any user may
enable/disable anytime and similar.

Is there a GUI for changing permissions? If not, how do I do this?

Thanks
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk