[LUG] We've got a mention in Linux Format

Hi folks,

The latest issue of Linux Format came through today.  I was reading
through the pages about the LUGs and we got a mention under the "Adopt a
LUG" section.

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing but it suggests says...

"Luggers in Plymouth need to use the wider Devon & Cornwall GLUG for
regular meeting, rather than a more local gathering."

Now, that could be a good thing or bad thing depending on how you look
at it.  Sure there doesn't seem to be anywhere as far as I'm aware
anyway in Plymouth that is used for a LUG meet, so maybe it's an idea to
look into this further, maybe even if it's just in a Weatherspoons pub
on a Saturday or something (they have free wifi which isn't actually too
bad).

This also did get me thinking...

<cat amongst pigeons> Would it make sense to have smaller more localised
mini-LUGs for areas in Devon & Cornwall so those of us dotted around a
specific area could arrange more meetings and events.  Not sure if maybe
a couple covering the various ends of Devon & Cornwall for instance
maybe an Exeter & Torbay mini-lug, North Devon mini-lug, Plymouth and
East Cornwall mini-lug etc... </cat amongst pigeons>.

I don't mean replacing the Devon & Cornwall GLUG, but something to run
along side so when we do events such as the Exeter Fun Day, or Penzance
Computers Day we could raise funds locally to cover these events (for
instance for the Exeter Fun Day we're going to need a marquee with sides
which hopefully a couple of us will be able to raise funds for and also
a Devon & Cornwall GLUG banner).

Actually maybe the banner & marquee idea's should be discussed in a
separate thread?

Anyway... just a thought.  I don't want to stir up any flame wars or
anything, I just wonder if maybe some mini-lugs underneath the "Devon &
Cornwall GNU/Linux User Group" umbrella might be a good idea, especially
when recruiting new members.

Rob