[LUG] Forcing Squid proxy to use ppp0

Hi folks,

I've been asked at the last minute to setup a PC to provide internet
access at the Devon County Show for visitors to the Gemini FM stand so
they can browse the Gemini FM web site.

I've got an oldish Dell laptop which I plan running something like
Ubuntu or Debian on.

The internet access itself will be provided by a 3 Mobile Broadband
modem.  I've managed to get the modem working, and I've also got squid
installed (not sure if it's very successful in caching anything,
although looking at the logs it appears to be doing something).

The problem is, Firefox doesn't appear to work when using the mobile
broadband connection if I set the proxy to point to squid.  It's as if
Squid is trying to look at eth0 for it's default route rather than ppp0.

I just wondered if there is a way of forcing Squid to pick up the
internet through ppp0?

Actually thinking about it, I presume it's a case of changing the
default route, or could squid need restarting after the PPP connection
is established?

Anyway, if anyone could suggest anything that would be great.  I'll have
a play this evening anyway and see if I can fix it.

Rob