Re: [LUG] lost xp password

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 08:51 +0100, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Trinity rescue is a small linux distro with the ability to directly
> edit/reset the SAM database on NT systems. I have used it to reset
> administrator passwords on XP laptops in the past. I did find changing
> the password was not successful but a reset to blank always seemed to
> work.
Thanks Robin. I will keep this one in mind along with the others. I did
wonder of there would be an easy way to make it blank.

Thanks all. The paid service at
http://www.loginrecovery.com/instructions.php#cd to decrypt worked
quickly and well. The forgotten password was a small variation on the
one she remembered, incorrectly of course.

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk