Re: [LUG] Open Office

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 21:08:24 +0100
george <georgeparker20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello george,

> In my setup OOwriter takes 24 seconds to open up no matter how many
> times it has been opened.  I find this distinctly odd.

Amount of RAM available, perhaps?  If your system frequently
uses /swap, that might be part of the problem.

My machine rarely uses /swap at all, and with 1Gig of RAM there's
usually plenty of space for libraries, buffers and what-not.
Obviously, start-up time is also influenced by processor speed.

--
 Regards  _

It couldn't adapt so it couldn't survive
The Great British Mistake - The Adverts