Re: [LUG] TomTom and linux

Kevin Lucas wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>    I have been asked by a recent convert to Linux if his TomTom will
> work on his Fedora C8 Gnome Desktop.
> I have no prior knowledge of Sat Nav. and can only see that the PC would
> just copy new updated maps to the gadget.
> Is there already a GUI to do this?
> I know it is based on linux, but does it mount as a USB Disk?
> The googling I have done finds a set of instructions in a term to
> extract the cab files then rename each one to its correct name the copy
> to the TT.
> As you can guess I am loath to ask an Ex WinXp user to do this to update
> his TT.  I havn't the TT to play with but I feel a GUI or script is not
> beyond the realms of the LUG?

I have now got this TT , it looks to me as all the updates etc are done
from TT home site. My linux convert says he went to tomtom home and
updated his SW (on linux with firefox but now the TT won't start up)! We
have plugged it in my machine usb and it shows a disk with 936 mb free
but I don't know how to put the application files straight on the device
(TomTom One).
Any ideas?

--
Regards: Kevin Lucas Post Master (Sub) Minions Shop & Tea Rooms Minions
Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE www.minionsbandb.co.uk