[LUG] Open Office

All my Open Office apps seem to be taking an age to open.  They start to open
then sit cogitating for 18 seconds, then spring to life.  About 23 seconds
seems to be the norm.  I know that OO is a bit bloated but this seems
excessive against Abiwords 3 seconds or less.  Am I alone in this?

I'm trying to be open and honest about Open Office's opening, but I have to
opine that there is an opening here to speed up this open souce application.
(Couldn't resist it)

George