[LUG] TomTom and linux

Hello all,

   I have been asked by a recent convert to Linux if his TomTom will
work on his Fedora C8 Gnome Desktop.
I have no prior knowledge of Sat Nav. and can only see that the PC would
just copy new updated maps to the gadget.
Is there already a GUI to do this?
I know it is based on linux, but does it mount as a USB Disk?
The googling I have done finds a set of instructions in a term to
extract the cab files then rename each one to its correct name the copy
to the TT.
As you can guess I am loath to ask an Ex WinXp user to do this to update
his TT.  I havn't the TT to play with but I feel a GUI or script is not
beyond the realms of the LUG?
--
Regards: Kevin Lucas Post Master (Sub) Minions Shop & Tea Rooms Minions
Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE www.minionsbandb.co.uk