Re: [LUG] meeting in chudleigh 3rd may

rob, the ps3 isn't running linux right now as YDL5 got deleted when i switched harddrives. i shall be installing YDL6 on it this weekend though.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paul Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> Max, has kindly offered to host a meeting at his address in chudleigh on
> 3rd, of may (saturday) starting at 11am.  As he is about 14,  we have
> decided its best to give directions from local car park,  but nearer the
> time.  I am sending max a a4 laminated picture of tux,  so we know where
> the venue is. :)
>
> Schedule (possible)
>
> start 11am
>
> We would like to try and set up a big projector screen and use a
> projector to watch a movie,  (not decided what movie yet)
> this is subject to : getting a projector

How about Happy Feet, March Of The Penguins? :-)

Other than that, Pirates Of Silicon Valley or RevolutionOS.

> If Neil W is available we can do key signing at some point, plus get a
> run through of what it does.

That would be good, I could do with creating a new key (I lost my old one).

> Trouble shooting (max has issues with wine) so any advice on this would
> be helpful,  seeing a problem usually leads to a solution)
> if anyone else has problems, and can bring their computer or hardware
> along for us to look at,  feel free to discuss before hand,  sockets may
> be limited so if you have any multi way sockets please bring one.

I think I have a spare or two.

> Food, we are thinking a bar b que so can people bring stuff for this,
> and drinks please.  Either that there are 3 pubs in the village plus a
> co-op so other options for food are available.

Sounds good.

> wireless available
>
> if anyone has any new gadgets etc they want to show off, or let people
> play with then feel free

I'd love to have a look at the EeePC.  I'm trying to convince Gemini FM
to give one away in a prize draw.

> PS2/3 available if you want to play games but you need to bring a
> controller,  perhaps this can start a gaming session between lug members,

Is the PS3 running Linux?  Something else I'd love to see.

If I can get it running, I may be able to bring my Wii along running Wii
Linux.

> if anyone has a cantenna (pringles can - wifi extender), please can you
> bring that so we can see if the idea works, and how well it works
>
> oh if anyone knows how to get a air port working to share files,  we can
> look at that too.
>
> I think that covers everything.
>
> Paul

Sounds like a full varied day.