Re: [LUG] meeting in chudleigh 3rd may

oh and the only other thought is if someone could bring along a phono to phono cable (i.e. red and white audio plugs) it would be appreciated as i am attempting to get a sound system hooked up to the TV for games, but there is an awful hum when going from headphone socket to phono, and when directly plugged into the ps3 it is incredibly loud.

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Max Siegieda <maxsiegieda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
rob, the ps3 isn't running linux right now as YDL5 got deleted when i switched harddrives. i shall be installing YDL6 on it this weekend though.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paul Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> Max, has kindly offered to host a meeting at his address in chudleigh on
> 3rd, of may (saturday) starting at 11am.  As he is about 14,  we have
> decided its best to give directions from local car park,  but nearer the
> time.  I am sending max a a4 laminated picture of tux,  so we know where
> the venue is. :)
>
> Schedule (possible)
>
> start 11am
>
> We would like to try and set up a big projector screen and use a
> projector to watch a movie,  (not decided what movie yet)
> this is subject to : getting a projector

How about Happy Feet, March Of The Penguins? :-)

Other than that, Pirates Of Silicon Valley or RevolutionOS.

> If Neil W is available we can do key signing at some point, plus get a
> run through of what it does.

That would be good, I could do with creating a new key (I lost my old one).

> Trouble shooting (max has issues with wine) so any advice on this would
> be helpful,  seeing a problem usually leads to a solution)
> if anyone else has problems, and can bring their computer or hardware
> along for us to look at,  feel free to discuss before hand,  sockets may
> be limited so if you have any multi way sockets please bring one.

I think I have a spare or two.

> Food, we are thinking a bar b que so can people bring stuff for this,
> and drinks please.  Either that there are 3 pubs in the village plus a
> co-op so other options for food are available.

Sounds good.

> wireless available
>
> if anyone has any new gadgets etc they want to show off, or let people
> play with then feel free

I'd love to have a look at the EeePC.  I'm trying to convince Gemini FM
to give one away in a prize draw.

> PS2/3 available if you want to play games but you need to bring a
> controller,  perhaps this can start a gaming session between lug members,

Is the PS3 running Linux?  Something else I'd love to see.

If I can get it running, I may be able to bring my Wii along running Wii
Linux.

> if anyone has a cantenna (pringles can - wifi extender), please can you
> bring that so we can see if the idea works, and how well it works
>
> oh if anyone knows how to get a air port working to share files,  we can
> look at that too.
>
> I think that covers everything.
>
> Paul

Sounds like a full varied day.