Re: [LUG] GTK2 programming

On 10/04/2008, Robin Cornelius <robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >  Any good book recommendations on gdk2 ?
>
> Yea this still is a question though!, .looking at gtk so far its
>  actually quite nice and many thinks are logical, but a book would not
>  hurt.

I have a book on my shelf called "Developing Linux Applications (with
GTK+ and GDK)" by Eric Harlow and published by New Riders - I worked
from it when I tried learning it, and it worked quite nicely, mine is
third print in 2001, but it's from 1999.

Don't know how outdated it is, but I imagine almost all of it will
still work (possibly generating some warnings about old APIs at
worst).

You can buy it new or used at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linux-Application-Development-Riders-Professional/dp/0735700214
and the slashdot review is at
http://slashdot.org/books/99/03/22/0826250.shtml

Presumably it's a bit obselete, but for 3 quid for a used copy, could
be helpful.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk