Re: [LUG] GTK2 programming

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Robin Cornelius
<robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,

>  I can't for the life of me get the label widget to update every
>  callback, if i click on the window or resize the window, it updates
>  but apart from that i can't find the correct command to force the
>  redraw. I did try playing with g_main_context_iteration() and this
>  does force a redraw but generates warnings about another thread having
>  the context and quickly crashes, which is expected really.

As usual a mail to the mailing list inspires all sorts of ideas just
*moments* after pressing send. As some one once said "Thou shalt use
only one graphical context". Don't try to update the label from the
(external) callback thread, queue the results up and process this from
the main GUI thread in an idle call back and it all works beautifully.

>  Any good book recommendations on gdk2 ?

Yea this still is a question though!, .looking at gtk so far its
actually quite nice and many thinks are logical, but a book would not
hurt.

On a side note, anybody tried any touch screen LCD's, looking for
something that's slightly industrial. My application is *screaming*
for a touch screen. (and linux compatibility is a *must*)

Robin