[LUG] Computer security

Recently there was a programme on BBC about Identity Fraud.
Interesting. This has made me wonder.....

I have always assumed that using Linux made me safer from viruses and
other nasties. Is this correct? On the programme every computer used to
demonstrate various security risks was running Windows. It seems that
Identity Theft is a huge and growing problem. Am I being too complacent
because I use Linux only?

Neil Winchurst