[LUG] How to connect my PVR to my Linux desktop?

Hi Grant,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 07:08:28PM +0000, Grant Sewell wrote:
> Good luck.  TV cards can *still* be a PITA.

On a slightly different note, do you have any recommendations for a
USB video capture device for my purposes?  These are:

- I want to be able to watch the video from my PVR (Humax) on my
  desktop in a window or full screen.  This is the only thing the
  Humax needs to connect to; if I get this working I will freecycle
  the TV.

- The HUmax is currently connected to the TV via a SCART cable and
  the output is set to "RGB".  Apparrntly it can also do S-Video.

- It needs to be USB because I have no more slots left in my
  desktop.

- I don't need a tuner but if the only suitable product has one then
  it's not a problem.

Will this work?

        http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4JKQ

If so then presumably I would just need a SCART->S-Video cable and
change the Humax to outputting S-Video?

Cheers,
Andy