Re: [LUG] CCC Computer refurbishment

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:38:43 +0000
james kilty wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 21:47 +0000, Henry Bremridge wrote:
>
> > The council should at the very least be prepared to state
> > - What discount rate was used to derive the present value of future
> > MS payments
> > - What future payments are expected
> > - The expected cost of a onetime conversion (on MS windows) to
> > OpenOffice
> Did I send you this? I got it from the County Treasurer. Perhaps you
> would comment.

I seem to remember this but can't be bothered to search through the
archive, but yes, I think you've posted that before.  Interesting,
although not very positive reading.

> [SNIP]

> I propose to write back next week.

Keep us posted.  It is clear from their response that certainly the
person replying to you either wasn't involved in any review they've
done, or doesn't really understand what they're reviewing.

Grant.