Re: [LUG] OT: Banning comments - might interest some of you

Thanks for the comments everyone!

>  > I think there is sometimes a fine line between Freedom of Speech and
>  > defamation of character/slander/libel on occasion.  While I
>  > wholeheartedly support Freedom of Speech it would be wise to always
>  > ensure that any controversial and/or inflammatory comments can be
>  > supported with documented evidence, preferably from accredited experts
>  > in the field in question.

Yes, there is a notice-and-takedown system going on on this website
but this seems not to be enough.

the story began in january 2006 when the newssite published some
controversial information about the (blokes) company. It wasn't the
article that disturbed him, but the comments. So he went and sued the
website publishers for being responsible for the comments. Ages ago I
usd to work as a free lancer for this publishing company and me and my
mate set the terms and cons for the website. This was back in 2001 and
we already set it clear that the website publishers are not
responsible.

Anyway ... let them fight ... if freedom of speech is not allowed in
Estonia them i'm happy to live in the UK
--
Sincerely,
Jaan Jänesmäe