Re: [LUG] ISP

Keith Menadue wrote:

Backup connection
> Dial up modems

Talking of which, read the small print on one of those USB mobile sticks
that are in the sunday papers, figured it would be handy to have if the
adsl went down again. (I'm very rural, lots of overhead between here and
the exchange)

£10/month
1GB cap.
Exceed the cap and extra bandwidth charged at £1/MB

Inadvertently download a double sided DVD ISO and you're looking at a
bill of around seven thousand pounds by my reckoning.

Something clenched when I read that and I decided not to get one...

--
Simon Avery