Re: [LUG] OT: Telly signal quality

On 14/03/08 11:01:21, Simon Avery wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
>
> > As for Simons comment on recording the stuff he really wants to
> watch - sounds
> > like a good idea but he must spend his life pouring through the
> listings and
> > watching rubbish to find out about it  or is there something
> somewhere that
> > gives only listings of programs for people with an IQ of 50 or more
> to cut it
> > down to 10 shows a week if your lucky?
>
> Once a month I skim through a webpage created by the software and
> click
> "record season" on anything that looks interesting. Then it turns up
> on
> a smb share by magic in mpeg2.
> It's not all roses - setting it up can be tricky, but it works well
> enough once done. The big problem for this list is that the software
>
> ended up with after trying most of them is gbpvr, a windows app...

I use mythtv.
3 sat cards and 1 analogue card for C4.
Created a list of just the channels we watch.

Brilliant.

I think we watch more TV now than we used too because there is always
something to watch.

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\