Re: [LUG] OT: Telly signal quality

Tom Potts wrote:

> The main thing that puts me of digital tv, now I've got it, is that its
> absolute rubbish.

Am I the only one that loves it? :)

By coupling with a DVR and shifting my viewing habits to "whenever I'm
free", I watch pretty much only recorded tv and can skip the adverts
etc. In amongst the dross there are some good films, good comedy repeats
and occasionally some good drama - with the right tools, finding them is
much easier.

I did even play with FTA satellite and cards, but English language
satellite is totally sewn up in Europe by Sky. The only FTA stuff is
shopping channels and the frothing american christian channels, hardly
worth the equipment. Having sold it so well, can I interest anyone in a
satellite dish, twin lnb and tuner card...? :)