Re: [LUG] OT: Telly signal quality

On Thursday 13 March 2008 09:04, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 08:38 +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
> > I've been down here a couple of years now (only 58 to go to be accepted
> > as possibly human!) and over that period (especially during high
> > pressure) the picture quality on our analogue boxes has gone down
> > enormously.
> > I put this down to the attempt to lever people on to digital - has anyone
> > else noticed this or is just my health paranoia?
>
> It's not an attempt to push people onto digital because the effects of
> the same problem on digital TV are far, far worse.
I don't think thats the point - you reduce the quality of the analogue signal
so people go out and get digital. I don't know of anyone doing trial digital
eqpt. So you end up with people with digital eqpt then you donut end up with
the problems they have now with DAB where they are suggesting giving DAB
radios to people for free as they are as popular as Vista!
Since I moved here our analogue reception has seriously degraded. I'm prepared
to believe that this is due to trees growing on intervening hills but also
cynical enough to believe that it could be due to deliberate degradation at
source.
The main thing that puts me of digital tv, now I've got it, is that its
absolute rubbish. I think the improved picture quality frees your brain to be
more critical and even Torchwood with Freema in a tight t-shirt is now
switched off!
Hey ho!
Tom te tom te tom