[LUG] Evolution email and the grey messages

Hello

I am in the process of converting my mum from windows to ubuntu. Her
needs are pretty basic, email, surfing (she already uses firefox),
office stuff and a photo album.

The only problematical thing was quicken. The free packages don't make
it. Moneydance, a good deal for $25, does, but the exported files from
quicken in the .QIF format are junk so no go. Got quicken 2004 to run
under crossover office, but it crashed when I tried to convert the
quicken files from quicken XG to quicken XG 2004. However install 2004
on windows and do the conversion there and all is fab when transferred.

Sorry the above is a diversion as the problem is evolution. Successfully
moved all data from eudora, but then the first time I download mail some
messages show the address, header, details but the message section is
just blank and grey.

It doesn't seem to be html or graphics as these show, or place markers
for the graphics do. Anyone know what this is and how to cure it? A
typical grey message is Delia's Newsletter (that's Delia Smith and the
recipes are worth checking out, even if a bit too much effort to
actually cook).

Evolution is much the best option as I have been able to export her
lotus organiser data into the contacts, calendar and todo sections.

Any solutions to this probably, hopefully, obvious problem received
gratefully.

Simon

--
Simon Robert