Re: [LUG] Playing recorded DVDs

Julian Hall wrote:
 > IIRC you can *if* you have a DVDRW drive, but Simon said he has a
 > multibirner so perhaps not.  Maybe has to be finalised in the same
 > machine for some reason.

Why in the world would a plain DVDRW drive support it when a multiburner
wouldn't. Multiburner = multiple formats, as in ALL of them. It can read
EVERYTHING, and write everything except DVD-RAM I think.

> Ray Smith wrote:
>> Perhaps it's to do with the way the disc is initially prepared for recording
>> on via a domestic DVD recorder as opposed to on a pc dvd recorder ?
>>
> Have you tried browsing the disc and running the individual VOBs?

I borrowed a Windows laptop and it seems that it's UDF2 with VOBs on it,
but I cannot mount this thing on Linux. I can't actually read it in
Windows on my machine either, but that's probably because I haven't got
any burning software installed- both the other machines I've tried had
burning software and so presumably knew about unfinalised DVD's.