Re: [LUG] Playing recorded DVDs

According to the manual for my DVD recorder DVDR has to be finalised but a
DVDRW shouldn't need to be.
My experience has been that I can read an unfinalised disk from someone
elses machine in my DVD recorder but not any my PC,old dvd player or
combined TV/DVD which usually read anything.
Conversely if I record from freeview to dvd using my happuage wintv under
K3b I can carry on using it in my recorder and back on the PC again. However
(oddly) if I use a disk that has never been formatted before on my recorder
and then put this in the PC I have to finalise it first, although it will
play in my friends dvd recorder.

Perhaps it's to do with the way the disc is initially prepared for recording
on via a domestic DVD recorder as opposed to on a pc dvd recorder ?

Ray