Re: [LUG] ms office, openoffice and vista

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 19:42 +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Its one that is  being built for the club, by a friend of the
> webmaster,  I am only a coach and help with some first team stuff,  ok i
> have access to the website to update stuff,  I am just trying to make my
> life easier and have some imput regarding computers,  given the amount
> of work that I have in odt format.
>
>  From what I can gather here,  Open office should work,,   i have
> requested it,  so I can work with the files I have,  and I don't have to
> either import them or rewrite them.  I think i have made a good argument
> for getting it installed along side or instead of MS office,  but its up
> to the club.
>
> Paul

Well if it doesn't cost them anything and it's installed so it doesn't
set itself up as the default for Office documents then I'm sure it'll be
fine.  I take it they're going to have all the licences for the software
on the machine?

(I shudder when I hear the friend of a friend is building a PC for them
or reinstalling Windows, with maybe 7 out of 10 cases it's a pirate copy
of XP or Vista and a pirate copy of Office too).

If you get chance to use the PC, look out for the Windows licence key
stickers, and I think an Office licence key sticker too.

Rob