Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Remote Log in

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:21:03 +0000, peter wrote:
> Hi Grant
>
> No my problem is logging into Debian from Ubuntu.  It used to work,
> now , since the November upgrade,  I can not.  I can still log in from
> another Debian machine, and from PClinux running on a live CD.
>
> So I think the error is on the remote Ubuntu Machine's.
>
> But what I have set up wrong there I do not know!
>
> Peter L-J

Sorry to be a PITA, but just to clarify...

You *can* do PCLinuxOS -> Debian
You *can* do *other*   -> Debian
You *cannot* do Ubuntu -> Debian
but you *can* do other -> Ubuntu?

Can the Ubuntu machine use any other services provided by the Debian one?
ie Are they on the same network?

Have you got any form of key authentication going on?  Does your Ubuntu
have your Debian's new key?

I'm sure there'll be a whole host of other questions, but this is all I can
think of at short notice.

Grant.