Re: [LUG] Asterisk - Echo cancellation (was asterisk meeting)

On 27/02/08 21:25:24, sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi
>
> we are currently using Diguim 410p PCI with hardware echo cancelling
> which
> plugs into 2 * ISDN 2e boxes.
>
> the phones are Cisco 941/921 models
>
> all plugged into a separate switch Netgear GS924T 1GB ports
>
> we have 20 DDI's
>
> The echo problem could be the Cisco phones as I haven't noticed the
> echo
> when using a software phone X-lite, we are using the SIP protocol,
> but
> don't   know what codex is being used.
>
> How would you track down the echo problem, is there anything like
> wireshark
> can pick out.

I have split this into two questions.

There are many places where echo can be caused and the first jobs is to
determine where it is happening, by the process of elimination.

Where does the echo happen.
internal to internal
internal to external
external to internal

and who hears the echo, the caller or the callee.

You say that it does not happen when using a soft phone, if this is
true then I would suspect the hardware to be the issue.

Echo can be caused by electronic or physical problems.

By physical I mean that the microphone on the phone is picking up the
speaker and feeding it back. This would usually manifest its self in
the other end hearing an echo.

Also is it all phones or just on or two?

Once we have some more info we might be able to determine where the
problem is and help. No guarantees though!

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\