[LUG] Kingsbridge Link

Hi folks,

A couple of us have been discussing off list about the possibility of
creating a 'Cybertent' which could possibly be used with a couple of
events in the Torbay area (and probably else where in Devon & Cornwall
too) - we're thinking something along the lines of this:

http://flakey.info/hesfes05/

Now I don't know that much about Wireless Mesh Networks although I have
signed up to the BristolWireless mailing list.

After doing a google search I found a site called "Kingsbridge Link".  I
wondered if anyone on the LUG was involved with this, or knew anything
about it?

Their web site is here: http://www.kblink.co.uk

I thought a wireless mesh network would be ideal for events where
traditionally internet access isn't available - for instance Paignton
Green/Seafront where events usually happen.  I wondered if using a Mesh
network we could possibly make a wireless network which could be used
for events (maybe charging a small fee to commercial events to cover
cost of network upkeep and bandwidth, but maybe offer free access to
charities and non-profit groups?).

Rob