Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Re: Contact Us Website Help]

My financial advisor suggested I join a project run by The Bigger
Picture which means I can go to www.thebigger-picture.co.uk and manage
my investments online. When I try to log in I get "Unsupported system
configuration" and it says I must have Windows 98, NT4, ME, 2000 or XP
and the browser must be either IE5 or above or Netscape 6.2 or above.

My windows machine has been off the air ("limited or no connectivity")
and I can't be bothered to fix it so my investments are managing
themselves. Do they have a reason for restricting access to Windows?

I asked the company (turns out to be Norwich Union) why they do this
and I had a phone call from one Chris Atkinson to say that he had
asked 'the IT people' and it will only work with Windows. I said that
this was hardly an explanation and he went back to the IT people to
ask again.  Chris then asked me to send him a screenshot of the page
that tells me I can't use it and the html source of the page (so
they'd never seen it before?). I sent those on Monday and I have not
heard more since. If they ever come across with an explanation I'll
let you know.

Tony Sumner